The Architecture Foundation is seeking to appoint two new Trustees. We are looking for individuals with extensive leadership experience and connections in the architecture and construction industry. The Board is not expected to be involved in the day-to-day running of the organisation. This is the job of the staff team. We do, however, expect the Board to help provide strategic guidance, and support the wider programme of the Foundation. Trustees are key champions of the organisation helping to develop the influence and community of the Foundation.
- Advise on and help develop strategy
- Support the Foundation’s efforts to deliver a programme that has impact and consequences
- Ensure compliance with governing documents
- Attend quarterly evening trustees meetings held in London
- Ensure accountability
- Ensure compliance with the law
- Maintain proper fiscal oversight working with the AF’s honorary treasurer
- Help with fundraising where appropriate (e.g. attend events or make introductions)
- Respect and support the role of staff
- Maintain effective board performance (including new Trustee recruitment)
- Promote the Foundation to target stakeholders
There will be planned quarterly Board meetings of approximately 2-4 hours, normally held in London but with facilities for joining remotely. We would also call on Trustees to help us with specific issues, where they have the skills and time to assist. We are conscious of time constraints and would only call on you as necessary. We would also ask that you would be able to put some time into promoting the Architecture Foundation to funders and other networks.
The Architecture Foundation is a not-for-profit and its Trustees are not paid. However if financial considerations are a barrier to your participation we would like to discuss how we can remove them.
The existing board comprises Simon Allford (chair), Hanif Kara, Farshid Moussavi, Robert Mull, Eric Parry, Peter Rees, Dries Vande Velde, Matthew White, Holly Lewis, Richard Jones, Maria Smith, David Knight. The staff leadership team comprises Ellis Woodman (Director), Phineas Harper (Deputy Director) and Eleanor Howard (Projects Leader).
To put themselves forward to join the Architecture Foundation Trustees Board, interested candidates should write to email@example.com including a statement (300 words maximum) on what they would bring to the Architecture Foundation and a short CV.
The closing date for applications is 5pm April 28th 2017. Selected candidates will be invited to interview in the subsequent fortnight.